What to take to the clerk of court:
- Contract, letter, document or other proof upon which your claim is based or that has regard thereto.
- The defendant’s full name and address (home and business address, if available.)What re the duties of the clerk of court?
- He / She will inform you of the date and time for the hearing of the case.
- He /she will issue the notice of claim and hand it to you for service.What do you do with the notice of claim?
- You should serve the notice of claim on the defendant in person. Try to get an acknowledgement of receipt by having the defendant sign and date a copy of the notice of claim.
The judgment of the court is final, unless some ground for review exists. Settle any order for costs that the court might make against you. The only possible costs can be those that the opposing part may have incurred in respect of fees for the sheriff and filing documents.In case Judgment is given in your favour
The defendant will pay you the amount of the judgment within the period of payment stipulated in judgment if he has the money available. Give him/her a receipt for the amount immediately. In case the defendant cannot comply with the judgment forthwith the court ability will investigate his/her financial position and his/her to settle the judgment debt and costs and make an order that he pays by monthly installments.If the judgment debtor fails to comply with the judgment or order of the court
If the judgment debtor fails to comply with the judgment or order of the court and you want to enforce the judgment or order concerned, you will be at liberty to file a writ of execution instructing the sheriff to seize his property.
This enables the user to familiarize himself/herself with all the features of the App, and an opportunity to evaluate the search engine if it meets his/her requirements before s/he commits to NextLaw™ one-year minimum subscription.